Monday, September 17, 2007

Felted ATCs


I've been dying to try out my new Pfaff Embellisher. So this weekend I created these little cuties!

The one on the left is felted merino wool. It felts quickly and smoothly. I felted in a bit of crochet lace and I was amazed at how easily it felted into place. A bit of beading with metalic seed beads finishes it off.

The one on the right is similar, but done with three colors of cotswall wool (did I spell that right?) This roving felted super fast, but it is difficult to get the shorter fibers to look smooth. However it is thicker and springier that the merino.

Top pic is a bit of hand dyed silk. I absolutely love the way this felted! Texture like crazy! The "flower" happened when I had a bit of fabric left and no place to felt it to. I twisted it into a circle and just felted a couple of times in the center to hold it down. The brown and gold "pebbles" are a strip of silk ribbon with a bit of metalic thread. This was a bit tougher to "felt" , it didn't want to stay where I placed it but it worked with a bit of patience and practice and a tiny bit of merino fiber on top of it.

It took less than 15 minutes to "felt" these. I think I'm going to love this new machine!!

1 comment:

  1. Mary Ellen,
    Thanks for sharing the felted post cards. They are wonderful!!You sealed it. I'm going to have the embellisher soon!!!

    ReplyDelete