Sunday, February 26, 2012

ATCs, I've been remiss

I've been remiss in not posting about the ATCs I received in the December ATC swap.  So here you go:


Here is "Sweet Temptation" by Lynn Parker and "Mountain Glistening" by Heather Mentzer.  Both include seed bead details and terrific layered backgrounds.
the Pink Lady is by Jeane Walker-Sliney, a great example of using tiny scraps, and "Cutting Out a Love Nest" by Sanna, which tells a whole story in its layers.

The unamed piece on the left, by Donna Jones, is made up of different textures and has a very rich luxuriant feel.  "Seascape 7" by Deborah Bonner has fiber trapped behind irridescent tulle and real seashells.  I wish I could get a better pic of this, it shimmers and glows so pretty!


I've also received cards from Maggie Diamante, Rachel Mcollough, and Satu Leinonen, but I need to retake the pics, so I'll post those later.

I've been swapping ATCs for a few years now and I find it a wonderful way to meet and remember other artists.  Its also a good use of scraps and practice pieces and a way to motivate when the muse just isn't speaking.  They'er simple, fast and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment