Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sculpting with Marilyn Radzat





I am taking an on-line sculpting class with Marilyn Radzat over on "A is for Artistic"


I'm probably never going to be great at clay sculpting, but I enjoy the challenge!!  We are using "ProSculpt" which is a polymer clay.  As far as polymers go, I like it better than Sculpy, but I am remembering why I went to paperclay.  I have hot hands. Funny I always thought they were cold, but when I handle clay they heat right up!   Meaning, after just a few minutes clay becomes soft and squishy and impossible to mold.  So I'm learning to keep my hands away from my sculpt as much as possible and work in 15 minute increments.  I've also kept my studio at 65 degrees, which seems to help a bit.

This class is sculpting head and hands and painting them.  I've also signed up for the follow-on class, which will complete the figure, rising from a seashell.  Right now I'll consider it a sucess if I figure out the correct place to put the ears and how to get 2 the same size...


No comments:

Post a Comment